Conversat is a formal Ball run by the Trinity College Conversat Committee every year in February. Like the Saints’ Charity Ball, Conversat actually begins a month before the event with Conversat Rush, a night that officially kicks off Conversat season. The week leading up to the event also includes numerous festivities to get students in the spirit of the Ball.
CONVERSAT 135 – CONVERSAILLES
On the evening of Saturday February 3rd, The Palace of Versailles will be opening it’s doors to distinguished members of the French Court. We are honoured to welcome you into the Hall of Mirrors where guests will cavort in the manor of the kings and queens before us.
A night as majestic as the palace itself, The 135th Conversazione will transport Trinity into the pinnacle of the French Aristocracy.
Crisp whites and shimmering golds, rococo details and crystal chandeliers, a meal fit for royalty and drinks suited to a tea, Conversailles will reveal the opulence and whimsy of the ball of the century.
This year, we will be bringing back an old Conversazione tradition: a cocktail dinner will be offered to all guests. We are also honoured to be welcoming distinguished alumni and faculty to the dinner portion of the event.
Dress Code: Black Tie, Formal.
Only the finest in the palace of the Roi Soleil.
– 6:30pm doors open
– 7:00pm the royal dinner begins accompanied by a musical quartet
– 8:00pm doors CLOSE for guests, the palace will lock its doors to all tourists for the remainder of the night – All guests must arrive before this time in order to be let in. A no-in-and-out policy will be applied from this time on.
– 9:00pm: The 22 piece Metro Big Band will launch the dancing portion of the evening.
– 10:00 – Midnight: The DJ will light up the dancefloor.
This is a LICENSED event – please remember to bring cash if you would like to get drinks (all drinks will be $3).
– sales will begin online on Monday January 22nd at 12:00pm, sign up link: https://secure.trinity.utoronto.ca/Conversat/
– $45 for students
– $55 for guests
– cash payment available from 11:00am-1:00pm in Strachan Hall beginning on Tuesday January 23rd
Wrist-banding Information: TBA
HOW DO I GET INVOLVED?
There are three ways you can get involved with Conversat. You can be a Co-Chair, on the Executive team or assist as a volunteer in your free time.
Co-Chairs plan and coordinate the running of Conversat Rush, Conversat Week and of Conversat itself. Conversat Co-Chairs are elected positions. Students must prepare an extensive event proposal to present to the Trinity College Board of Stewards, Trinity College Finance Committee, and finally, the TCM. Elections take place in November.
The Conversat Executive assists in the execution of Conversat Rush, Conversat Week and of Conversat itself. Executive positions can either be offered to students before Conversat elections or they can be competed for after Conversat elections through application. Like Saints’ there are traditionally two positions designated for first year students.
Conversat is a huge event and help will always be needed to blow up balloons, tape up streamers, or paint cardboard. Reach out to the Decorations Coordinators if this seems like your type of thing!